Usually, Google displays the previously stored cache data. AOL may consider this cache data as invalid. As a result, it will stop working on Chrome. In that case, it is recommended to erase all the browsing data. Follow the instructions below to clear the browsing data on Chrome.
- Step 1:On the device in which you have encountered the issue, open Google Chrome.
- Step 2:Close all existing tabs and open a new tab.
- Step 3:In the top-right corner, click the icon with three consecutive dots and choose More tools. Then, you need to click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Step 4:When you are asked to choose the time range, select the All Time option.
- Step 5:Finally, click on the Clear Data button.
- Step 6:Once you have cleared all the browsing data, go ahead and sign in to your AOL account.
- Step 7:In case you are still experiencing the same problem, proceed with the following solution.
Reset Your Browser Settings
If you have customized Google Chrome to work without any extensions and add-ons, it may change a few settings on your browser. And these settings can cause incompatibility issues of AOL with Google Chrome. To retrieve the default settings, you need to reset your browser. Follow the instructions below to do it.
- Step 1:On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- Step 2:Close all tabs and open a blank new tab.
- Step 3:Click on the three consecutive dots at the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Step 4:On the Settings page, scroll down and choose Advanced settings.
- Step 5:In the Reset and clean up section, click the Reset button.
- Step 6:Now, all the browser settings will be restored to the defaults.
- Step 7:This will probably fix your issue.
Continue reading the given solutions to fix Aol mail not working on chrome issue.
Create an Application Specific Password (ASP)
In AOL, the accounts other than POP3, IMAP, and SMTP have to be updated with the Application Specific Password (ASP). So, you need to update your ASP in your AOL. If you don’t do that, you will probably end up in trouble. Follow the instructions below to do that.
- Step 1:Log in to your AOL mail account.
- Step 2:Click on your name at the right corner and choose the Add/manage accounts option.
- Step 3:Click on Account info > Account Security.
- Step 4:In the Manage app passwords section, create the Application Specific Password of your preference.
- Step 5:Once you have updated your Application Specific Password, check whether AOL can work on your Google Chrome browser. In case your issue is not resolved even now, try out the remaining troubleshooting solutions.
Update Google Chrome
- Step 1:If your Google Chrome goes outdated, you need to update it for its proper functioning.
- Step 2:The outdated Google Chrome can turn incompatible with AOL. As a result, AOL mail will stop working.
- Step 3:So, update your Google Chrome and then check whether AOL can work on it.
Restart your device
- Step 1:Restarting is considered one of the best techniques to fix the issues.
- Step 2:To restart your computer, click Start and choose the Restart option.
- Step 3:Once your computer gets restarted, check whether your AOL mail can work on Chrome.
If still AOL mail not working on Chrome browser issue exist, contact us to get instant assistance from our experts.