- Step 1:A weak Internet connection.
- Step 2:Incoming server details are not entered correctly.
- Step 3:AOL server is out of service.
- Step 4:Typing mistake from the senders end.
- Step 5:The email inbox is filled, and there is no space left for new emails.
- Step 6:An incompatible or outdated browser can cause the mail syncing issue.
- Step 7:In some cases, faulty hardware or software can cause a syncing error.
UPDATE THE CHANGED PASSWORD:
In the past, if you have changed the password of your AOL email on the browser, you need to update the same on Gmail as well.
- Step 1:Open the Gmail application.
- Step 2:Go to Accountsettings.
- Step 3:Choose your AOL account.
- Step 4:Update the password.
UPDATE THE EMAIL APPLICATION:
Sometimes, an older version of Gmail can cause third-party emails like AOL to misbehave and lead to various issues. This is because the outdated version of Gmail might not work with the latest security settings of AOL email.
So, try to update the Gmail application to its latest version for a butter-smooth experience and error-free functioning.
Note: After updating the Gmail application, you need to re-add the AOL email account.
UPDATE THE WINDOWS SOFTWARE:
Updating the software can clear a lot of unknown bugs in the system.
- Step 1:Click on the Startbutton.
- Step 2:Go to the Settings gear icon.
- Step 3:From the list of different system options, select Update & Security.
- Step 4:Choose the Windows Update tab.
- Step 5:Click the Check for updates button.
- Step 6:If there is an available update, the system will automatically start the update process.
CONFIGURING AOL MAIL SETTINGS
Correct mail settings are required for the appropriate functioning of AOL mail. Make use of the below-given settings in your AOL mail application.
- Step 1:Incoming mail server: pop.aol.com
- Step 2:Incoming port number: 995
- Step 3:Security: SSL
- Step 4:Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- Step 5:Outgoing port number: 465
- Step 6:Security: SSL
DISABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Nowadays, many users use two-step authentication to protect their accounts. Disabling it will reduce the security of your AOL email account. So, think twice before doing it.
- Step 1:Open AOL mail on your web browser.
- Step 2:Log in by entering the user credentials.
- Step 3:Click on Options on the left-hand corner of the window.
- Step 4:Then, click Account info to access the account information.
- Step 5:Now, click the Account Security tab.
- Step 6:Toggle the Phone Number settings to disable the two-step authentication.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE SYNC SETTINGS:
- Step 1:Right-click on AOL mail and then click Account Settings.
- Step 2:Click Change mailbox sync settings.
- Step 3:Next, set the Sync options to On.
- Step 4:Click Incoming and outgoing mail server info to adjust appropriately.
- Step 5:Set the Incoming and Outgoing email server.
- Step 6:Finally, click on theDone option to save the changes.
RUN THE WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER
- Step 1:Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Step 2:Go to the Update & Security section.
- Step 3:Select Troubleshoot and click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Step 4:Stick to the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter on your Windows computer.
SOME OF THE COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING IDEAS
- Step 1:In certain cases, your proxy can interfere with the mail app and can cause synchronization issues. It is recommended to disable your proxy settings.
- Step 2:If you are using your AOL account on the browser, it is advised to update the browser to its latest version.
- Step 3:Also, delete the cache and cookies from your default web browser.
- Step 4:Sometimes the stored information on the cache can cause sites to have syncing issues.
- Step 5:Do check whether the Internet connection is working correctly. If not, first get a stable connection.
- Step 6:There could be an issue with the mail server that needs to be fixed by the AOL team.
- Step 7:At times, messages may get delayed due to heavy Internet traffic or some routing problems.
At last, we have come to an end, and we hope that these steps would have helped you in fixing the “AOL not receiving email from Gmail problem. If you have any doubts, call our technicians.