- Step 1: You should have a working Internet connection.
- Step 2: Make sure your account is valid and you have entered a valid username and password.
- Step 3: If you cannot log in, you can cross-check to see whether your email account is set up.
METHOD 2: DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR SETTINGS
- Step 1: Sometimes a mismatched error can lead to issues with the Centurylink email.
- Step 2: You have to check the port numbers and incoming and outgoing server names.
METHOD 3: EMAIL BOX
You have to make sure to check the size of the email box. Every email box has a size limit. We will now be showing you the size limit for the following:
- Step 1: Email size limit: 20 MB
- Step 2: Send To limit: 100 contacts
- Step 3: Webmail limit: 100 per hour
- Step 4: SMTP limit: 500 per hour
- Step 5: IP Email send limit: 50 per 5 minutes
Exceeding the limit of any of the above could result in Centurylink email outage problem.
METHOD 4: EMAIL SETTINGS
You can always make changes to the POP and SMTP port settings and get rid of the Centurylink email problems.
Make sure you have entered the proper email settings for the Centurylink email account.
- Step 1: POP: pop.centurylink.net, Port: 995, Security encryption: SSL
- Step 2: SMTP: smtp.centurylink.net, Port: 587, Security encryption: SSL
METHOD 5: JUNK FOLDER
If you are not able to receive any emails in your inbox, the reason might be the junk folder.
- Step 1:Most of the emails will get sent to the junk folder by default.
- Step 2:You can search the emails with the help of the search box, you can type centurylink.com, and you will see the emails.
- Step 3:You can move the mails from the Junk folder to your main email folder.
- Step 4:Check if your Centurylink email is working. If still Centurylink email outage problem persist, go to the next method.
METHOD 6: CLEAR THE CACHE AND COOKIES
- Step 1:Open Google Chrome.
- Step 2:Navigate the cursor and click the three-dotted icon (Menu).
- Step 3:You will now see a drop-down list appear.
- Step 4:Move the cursor to the History option and then click History.
- Step 5:Select Chrome History.
- Step 6:Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Step 7:Select the Advanced tab and click the checkbox for Browsing history.
- Step 8:You can also select the time range from the drop-down list.
- Step 9:Click the Clear Data button.
- Step 1:Open the Mozilla browser on your computer.
- Step 2:In the upper right corner, click the three-lined (Menu) icon.
- Step 3:When you click on the three-dotted icon, a drop-down list will open.
- Step 4:Click Options.
- Step 5:On the left, click the Privacy & Security option.
- Step 6:The History section will now open on the right side of the page.
- Step 7:Click the Clear History button.
- Step 8:You can choose the time range for deleting the browsing history.
- Step 9:Click the Clear Now button and you have seen the steps to delete the browsing history on the Mozilla browser successfully.
With the help of the troubleshooting methods described here, you can resolve the Centurylink email outage problems.