Apple ID makes use of the email address to sign you into your registered Apple account. With your Apple ID, you can access multiple services such as the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and much more.
Apart from this, Apple utilizes the registered email address to send information concerning your account, when required.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to either add or edit a rescue email address that's been registered with your Apple ID account on your iPhone.
Adding A Rescue Email Address:
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open the Settings screen and tap on your Apple ID or iCloud account.
- Step 2: Tap the Password & Security option on the next screen.
- Step 3: Under the Rescue Email Address section, tap Add Rescue Email.
- Step 4: When prompted, enter the answers for the questions to verify your identity and tap Verify.
- Step 5: Type in your rescue email address and touch Done at the top. You will receive a verification email message on the registered rescue email address.
- Step 6: Open the email message and proceed to verify the rescue email address.
For changing rescue email address on your iphone follow the guidelines given below.
Editing A Rescue Email Address:
- Step 1:As mentioned in the steps to add a rescue email address, navigate to the Apple ID page on your iPhone and tap Password & Security.
- Step 2:Tap on your existing email address in the Rescue Email Address section.
- Step 3:Verify your identity on the next screen by answering the questions and then tap on Verify.
- Step 4:On the Rescue Email screen, type the new rescue email address and then you have to tap Done.
- Step 5:Like adding a rescue email address, a verification message will be sent to the new (changed) rescue email address. Proceed to verify the email address.
For further technical support and immediate assistance on changing rescue email address on your iphone, kindly get in touch with us.