- Step 1: On your Windows computer, start the Outlook application.
- Step 2: In the Outlook application, go to the File tab. Now, click the plus symbol next to Add account. You can select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button at the bottom and click Next in the next window.
- Step 3: It’s time to choose the service. Since Embarq supports IMAP and POP protocols, you can select the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
The IMAP and POP account settings window opens. Now, you need to enter the Embarq server settings. Before you begin embarq email settings, you can check the server settings mentioned below. (IMAP account type)
- Step 1: Incoming mail server – mail.centurylink.net
- Step 2: Port number – 993
- Step 3: Security – SSL
- Step 4: Outgoing mail server – smtp.centurylink.net
- Step 5: Port number – 587
- Step 6: Security – TLS
- Step 7: User name – Full email address
Embarq Server Settings Details:
In the IMAP and POP settings window, there are three available sections. They are:
- Step 1:User information
- Step 2:Server information
- Step 3:Logon information
Now, let us fill in the details.
- Step 1:To configure embarq email settings, in the User Information section, you can now enter the name and the full email address in the respective fields.
- Step 2: Now, in the Server Information section, select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 3: In the incoming mail server field, enter mail.century.link.net, and in the outgoing mail server field, enter smtp.centurylink.net.
- Step 4: Now, in the Logon Information section, enter the full mail address in the User name field. In the Password field, create a strong password. Make sure that you enable the Remember password checkbox under the Logon information section.
- Step 5: Now, click the More Settings tab at the bottom of the window to setup embarq email settings. The Internet Email settings window opens now. In the Internet Email Settings window, click the Outgoing server tab. Enable My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox. Next, select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- Step 6: Click the Advanced tab. From there, you need to select the server port numbers.
- Step 7: In the Server Port Numbers section, enter 993. Mark the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox.
- Step 8: In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, enter 587 and choose TLS from the drop-down menu. Cross-check the settings and then click OK.
- Step 9: In the IMAP or POP settings window, enable the checkbox Automatically test account settings when clicked Next.
- Step 10: If it is enabled, click Next. Or else, click the Test Account Settings tab.
Now, Outlook starts to fetch and test all the details that you’ve entered. It takes about a few seconds. When the testing gets completed, you’ll see the final status appearing on the screen.
That’s it. You can now send and receive Embarq emails from your Outlook email account.
You can implement the instructions as described above for set up Embarq email settings on your desktop email program.