Usually, when configuring a Gmail account on an email client, SMTP is used as the outgoing server. Sometimes, while trying to send an email from your email client, the ‘Error Code: 8004271C’ may appear. This Gmail SMTP error code 8004271c occurs even if you have entered the correct password for your email account.
Solution 1: Allow Access To Less Secure Apps
If you haven’t set two-step verification for your Gmail account, then to fix this error. You have to allow access for the less secure applications. This option must be enabled from your Google account. Follow the below steps to allow access less secure apps.
- Step 1: Access your Gmail using a web browser on your computer.
- Step 2: Now, click your profile at the right end of the window and click the My Account button.
- Step 3: Your Google account page will be displayed. On that page, click the Sign-in & security option.
- Step 4: Then, you have to click the Connected apps & sites option underneath the Sign-in & security option.
- Step 5: In the right window, scroll down to the Allow less secure app: ON section to solve Gmail SMTP error code 8004271c.
- Step 6: Click the toggle at the right end to allow access to less secure applications.
Solution 2: Generate Application-Specific Password
If your Gmail account is using two-step verification, then you cannot access your Gmail account just with the Allow less secure apps: ON option enabled. What you have to do is, create an application-specific password for these less secure applications. Perform the steps below to generate an application-specific password.
- Step 1: Log in to your Gmail using a web browser on your computer.
- Step 2: At the top-right corner of the email page, you can see your profile icon. Click on it.
- Step 3: Click the My Account button to solve Gmail SMTP error code 8004271c.
- Step 4: On your account home page, click the Sign-in & Security option.
- Step 5: Under Sign-in & security, click the first option 'Signing into Google.'
- Step 6: In the right side window, choose the App passwords option.
- Step 7: Now, in the App passwords window, click the select option field and select Other (Custom name) option from the drop-down.
- Step 8: You can enter the name of your application and then select your device as well.
- Step 9: Now, click the Generate button.
- Step 10: In the next window, the password for your application will be generated.
- Step 11: You can copy and paste the application password for your email client to avoid the Gmail SMTP error code 8004271c.