- Step 1: On your computer, open the Gmail account.
- Step 2: At the top-right corner of the screen, just click on the Gear (Settings) icon.
- Step 3: On the Settings screen, click the Accounts and Import option followed by Import mail and contacts.
- Step 4: Enter your AOL email address in the What account do you want to import from? field and click the Continue button.
- Step 5: Enter the password for your AOL mail in the respective field and click the Continue button.
- Step 6: If you prefer to add labels to your emails, check the Add label button; this option enables you to import your messages and not the contacts.
- Step 7: In case you cannot import your contacts from AOL into Gmail, proceed with the following solutions.
Import your contacts and messages in CSV format
If you need to import only a few contacts, you can manually enter the contact details into Gmail. But, if you prefer to import a large number of contacts from AOL to Gmail, you can do it through the CSV file. Follow the instructions below to proceed further:
- Step 1:Log in to your AOL account.
- Step 2:Select the contacts you want to import from the AOL mail account; you can also select them from the AIM Mail folder.
- Step 3:After choosing all the contacts, you will be exporting these contacts from AOL and then import them into Gmail.
- Step 4:In case you prefer to export all your contacts, click the Select All option and click Export.
- Step 5:In the File type section, select the CSV format.
- Step 6:Now, select the location to which you wish to save your CSV file.
- Step 7:Finally, click the Export button.
Steps to import the contacts from CSV file to Gmail
- Step 1:Log in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2:Click on the squared dots in the top-right corner and choose Contacts.
- Step 3:Click More and select Import > CDV or vCard.
- Step 4:Now, select your CSV file and click Open > Import.
- Step 5:Once the import process is completed, Gmail will show you the imported contacts list.
- Step 6:In case your old contact has any photos, they may not be imported correctly. So, it’s advisable to keep a backup of your old contacts.
In this manner, you can import all your messages and contacts from your AOL email account into Gmail. If you have any other questions, get back to us for expert assistance.