- Step 1:On your computer, launch the Outlook application.
- Step 2:In your Inbox, right-click the existing message and then select Rules.
- Step 3:Select Create Rule. A pop-up window opens with several options for setting rules.
- Step 4:Select the checkbox next to Subject contains.
- Step 5:Select the checkbox next to Move item to folder. A pop-up window appears on the screen.
- Step 6:Now, choose a folder from the Select Folder dialog box and then click OK.
- Step 7:If you are deciding to create a new folder, enter the folder name and then click OK.
- Step 9:In the Create Rule dialog box, click OK.
Stay organized: You can move messages with specific words in the subject line to a folder.
Stay up-to-date: It displays messages from the sender in the New Item Alert Window and sends an alert to a mobile device whenever you get a message from any sender.
Start from a blank rule: This rule template applies rules from scratch.
Continue reading the given below steps to know more on how to create rules in outlook.
How To Set Up Rules In Outlook Using The Rules Wizard:.
- Step 1:On your Outlook account, select File.
- Step 2:Select Manage Rules and Alerts in the left corner. The Rules and Alerts window appears on the screen.
- Step 3:Select New Rule at the top left corner. Now, the Rules Wizard pop-up window appears.
- Step 4:You can choose the rule template according to your wish.
- Step 5:After completing, start editing the rule description.
- Step 6:Click the blue highlighted link under the rule description section.
- Step 7:Once done, select the available conditions that you want to check.
- Step 8:For example, under Step1: Select condition(s), select the checkbox next to specific words in the body. You can also select multiple checkboxes.
- Step 9:Under Step2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value), click the specific word link and start typing the specific word in the search text.
- Step 10:Click Add and then click OK at the bottom.
- Step 11:Finally, click OK in the Rules and Alerts window.
Follow these steps to know how to set up rules in Outlook. To get more assistance on email related queries, Call us by clicking the call button.