INCOMING AND OUTGOING SERVER DETAILS FOR GMAIL:
Before setting up the IMAP server in Gmail, you must know the incoming and outgoing server details, port number, encryption, SSL protocol, and TLS protocol for IMAP and SMTP servers.
Follow the below details to set up the IMAP settings in Gmail.
Incoming server details:
- Step 1:IMAP Host: imap.gmail.com
- Step 4:IMAP Username: (your Gmail username)
- Step 5:IMAP Password: (your Gmail password)
Outgoing server details:
- Step 1: SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
- Step 2: SMTP Port: 587
- Step 3: SSL Protocol: OFF
- Step 4: TLS Protocol: ON
- Step 5: SMTP Username: (your Gmail username)
- Step 6: SMTP Password: (your Gmail password)
ENABLE IMAP IN GMAIL:
- Step 1: Open the Gmail app from your computer’s main screen or use the web browser to open your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Click the Settings icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Choose the See all settings option.
- Step 4: In the next window, select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Step 5: On the next screen, click on the Enable IMAP option in the IMAP Access section.
- Step 6: Select the Save button to save your changes.
ADD GMAIL ACCOUNT USING IMAP ON MOBILE:
- Step 1: Open the Email app from your mobile home screen.
- Step 2: Type your Email Address and Password.
- Step 3: Now, tap on the Manual setup button.
- Step 4: Choose the IMAP Account button.
- Step 5: Type your User name, Password and enter the incoming (IMAP) server settings by referring to the section at the top of the page.
- Step 6: Tap Next.
- Step 7: Now, refer to the top of the page to enter the outgoing (SMTP) server details in the respective fields and select the Next button.
- Step 8: Choose the Email check frequency and tap Next.
- Step 9: At last, give a name for your account to be displayed on outgoing messages.
- Step 10: Select the Done button.
- Step 11: Now, your account will be added successfully.