This easy steps below will help you to resolve the Mac outgoing mail server offline issue. If you encounter the server offline issue while using your Gmail account, then follow the quick troubleshooting steps given below to resolve it.
Removing And Re-adding The Gmail Account
- Step 1:First, close the Mail application if it’s open.
- Step 2:Go to your Mac computer’s System Preferences window.
- Step 3:Click the Internet Accounts option.
- Step 4:Select your Gmail account from the list.
- Step 5:Locate and click the minus sign beside the selected account to remove it.
- Step 6:Once the account is removed, make sure to reboot your Mac computer.
- Step 7:Now, go to Internet Accounts and click the Google option.
- Step 8:Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to log in to your account again.
- Step 9:The Mac outgoing mail server offline issue should be resolved now.
If you encounter the SMTP server offline issue, after performing an update, then follow the quick steps given below.
- Step 1:Open the Mail app.
- Step 2:Click Mail > Preferences > account (that you encounter the SMTP Offline issue) Server Settings.
- Step 3:In the Server Settings window, check if your account’s Incoming and Outgoing mail server settings are configured correctly.
- Step 4:If not, reconfigure them.
- Step 5:If you encounter the SMTP server offline issue, while sending a message, then it means that your Outgoing Server is outdated, and needs to be updated.
- Step 6:To update your Outgoing Server, open the Mail app.
- Step 7:Click the Mail tab followed by Preferences.
- Step 8:Select the account that you’re encountering the SMTP Offline issue.
- Step 9:Click Server Settings.
- Step 10:Select the Edit SMTP Server List option from the Account drop-down menu.
- Step 11:Update the SMTP server correctly and check if the Mac outgoing mail server offline issue is resolved.