- Step 1: Open the Settings application.
- Step 2: Tap the Apps option followed by All apps. Tap the Gmail app.
- Step 3: Select the Storage option.
- Step 4: First, tap the Clear cache option.
- Step 5: Once the cache has been cleared, tap the Clear all data option.
- Step 6: When all Gmail data has been cleared, restart your Android device.
- Step 7: Now, check if the mail app crashing android issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable the Gmail app and re-enable it
- Step 1: Go to your Android device’s Settings section.
- Step 2: Tap the Apps option.
- Step 3: Scroll down or up the All apps screen and select the Gmail option.
- Step 4: Tap the DISABLE option followed by Disable app > OK.
- Step 5: Now, the Gmail app will be disabled on your Android device.
- Step 6: To re-enable it, tap the ENABLE button on the Gmail App Info screen.
- Step 7: Carry out the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the process.
Solution 3: Sign out from your Gmail account and sign in again
- Step 1: If the mail app crashing android frequently, then try this solution to resolve it.
- Step 2: Open Settings.
- Step 3: Select Account & Sync > Google.
- Step 4: Tap the Menu icon.
- Step 5: Select the Remove the account option.
- Step 6: Once your account has been removed, reboot your Android device, and then re-add the same account.
Solution 4: Update the Gmail app
- Step 1: If the issue persists, update the Gmail app. To do so, follow the instructions given below.
- Step 2: Open the Google Play Store application.
- Step 3: Tap Menu > My apps & games.
- Step 4: Select the Gmail app.
- Step 5: Tap the Update button.
- Step 6: Once the Gmail app has been updated, check if the Mail app crashing android issue is resolved. If not, contact us.