- Step 1:No or unstable internet connection.
- Step 2:A corrupted email account.
- Step 3:The account’s Inbox folder is running out of storage.
- Step 4:The emails are redirected to the Junk folder.
- Step 5:Misconfigured Inbox filter and sort settings.
- Step 6:The account is blocked or marked as Spam.
Try the troubleshooting methods one-by-one given below. After performing each method, ask your recipient to resend you an email message or try to send yourself a test email message. This is needed to check whether Outlook is able to receive a new message.
Fix network issue
- Step 1:In most cases, the no or unstable internet connection will be the main reason behind these kinds of problems.
- Step 2:So, as the first step of troubleshooting, check whether your phone is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Step 3:To verify it, try to access a web browser on your phone. If the requested page opens successfully, it means the internet connection is stable and active. Otherwise, connect your phone to another network.
- Step 4Switch to Wi-Fi if you’re using your mobile data.
Check the Junk Email folder
- Step 1:Some misconfigured email settings can redirect the incoming emails directly to the Junk folder.
- Step 2:So secondly, look for the missing email in the Junk folder.
- Step 3:If you find your email, right-click on it and select the “Mark as not junk” option to move it to the Inbox folder.
Make enough free space
- Step 1:You may also face these kinds of problems if Outlook’s Inbox folder is full or doesn’t have enough free space to store a new message.
- Step 2:Empty the Trash or Junk folder to make enough space for the new message. To do so:
- Step 3:Open the Junk folder.
- Step 4:Select and right-click on the email stored in the Junk folder.
- Step 5:Click the Empty folder option.
- Step 6:Use the Sweep option to move the unwanted emails from the Inbox folder to Archive.
Unblock the email address
- Step 1:If an email address is marked as spam or blocked, all the emails from that particular account will be sent directly to the Junk or Spam folder.
- Step 2:To check and remove the email address from the Blocked list, follow the instructions below:
- Step 3:Open the Settings screen on the Outlook application.
- Step 4:Click View all Outlook Settings > Mail > Junk email.
- Step 5:Locate the email address you want to unblock or remove from the Blocked list. You can find it under the Blocked senders’ section.
- Step 6:Select the email address.
- Step 7:Click Remove > Save.
Try after a while
- Step 1:If the Outlook server is down, wait for it to be fixed from the service provider's side.
- Step 2:Once the issue is fixed, refresh the Inbox folder.
Contact us if Outlook is not receiving emails on your phone even after trying the methods given above.