Check your connection
- Step 1:Before you step into the advanced troubleshooting solutions, it is fair enough to check the fundamentals.
- Step 2:If you do not connect your Android phone to a stable Internet connection, Outlook emails will not synchronize. To fix this issue, improve your Internet’s stability and check whether you have resolved the issue.
- Step 3:In case you have connected your Android phone to your Wi-Fi network, disconnect it from the network and reconnect it. If this solution doesn’t work, switch to your mobile data and check whether the emails are syncing.
- Step 4:Now, turn on the Airplane mode for a while and switch it off. This step will reconfigure your Android phone’s network and fix the synchronization issues.
- Step 5:As a final resort to fix the connection issues, reset the network settings.
- Step 6:In case these solutions don’t work, proceed with the following techniques.
Reset your account
- Step 1:In most instances, resetting the problematic account can help you fix the sync issues. To do that, open the Outlook app on your Android phone.
- Step 2:Tap the three-line menu at the top of the screen and tap on the Settings icon.
- Step 3:Select the account that is not synchronizing and tap on the Reset Account option.
- Step 4:If the resetting process doesn’t help you fix the syncing issue, remove and re-add your account by following the next solution.
Remove and re-add your account
- Step 1:All the misconfigured settings will be aligned when you remove and re-add your account. It also establishes a new connection.
- Step 2:To remove your email account from Outlook, open the Outlook app and tap the three-line menu at the top.
- Step 3:Tap the Settings icon and select the problematic account. Then, tap on the Delete Account option.
- Step 4:Re-add the same account and check whether your issue is resolved.
Clear data and cache
Cache files reduce the startup duration for every application. It stores essential data and allows the app to load the screen instantly. However, when old cache files get corrupted, it will impact the proper functioning of that specific app itself. To fix this problem, follow the upcoming instructions to clear the cache and data.
- Step 1:On your Android phone, go to the Settings section and tap on Apps.
- Step 2:Tap on the Outlook app followed by Storage.
- Step 3:On the Storage screen, tap on the Clear Data button. Then, tap the Clear Cache button.
- Step 4:Come back to the home screen and launch the Outlook app.
- Step 5:Now, you need to sign in to your email account again.
- Step 6:Most probably, the syncing issues must be resolved now.
Reinstall the app
- Step 1:In most instances, reinstalling the application can help you fix the syncing problems.
- Step 2:To reinstall the Outlook app, go to the Settings page and tap on Apps.
- Step 3:From the list of installed applications, tap on Outlook.
- Step 4:Now, you will be taken to the App info screen; there, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Step 5:Restart your Android phone and install the Outlook app from the Play Store application. Then, check whether the Outlook app is syncing on your Android phone.
If Outlook is still not syncing on Android, reach out to us for remote assistance.