One of the standard mail protocols used to receive emails on an email client is the POP3 and 110 is the standard port used for this protocol. If you use a secure connection over SSL/TLS, the port for POP3 is 995. If the connection has failed due to the POP server, there is a chance that the port you are using for POP3 might be blocked and causes POP3 server communication error.
Check The Port Using Command Prompt
To check whether the POP3 port you are using is blocked or not, perform the following quick steps.
- Step 1:Type cmd in the Window search bar and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Step 2:Enter the ‘telnet yourdomain.com 110’ command line in the Command Prompt window.
- Step 3:Note: If you are using the 995 port, replace 110 with 995.
- Step 4:If you have not enabled telnet on your Windows computer, proceed with the following instructions to enable it.
- Step 5:Launch Control Panel, navigate to Programs, and click the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ option.
- Step 6:Select the checkbox next to the Telnet Client option and click OK.
- Step 7:Now, you will see the ‘Searching for required files’ message on the screen.
- Step 8:Wait until the process finishes. Once done, telnet will be enabled finally POP3 server communication error get's resolved.
- Step 1:Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.
- Step 2:Enter ‘telnet yourdomain.com 110’in the Terminal window.
- Step 1:If you see the ‘Connection refused - Unable to connect to remote host’ message after executing the command line, it indicates that the port is blocked.
- Step 2:Try to use an alternate port and check if the port is not blocked.
Printer Related POP3 Issues
If you receive the Communication/sending error when you try to perform Scan to Email on your printer, the main reason for this problem might be with POP3 server. Along with it, the following could also trigger the communication error.
- Step 1:Printer not connected to a network
- Step 2:POP3 server is down
- Step 3:Disrupted network connection
- Step 4:In such cases, re-configure the SMTP/POP3 server settings correctly. If you are not certain of any server settings, try to contact your ISP.
- Step 5:Re-establish the connection between the Epson printer and your router using the wired or wireless connection method.
- Step 6:If you need technical assistance, click the Call button to contact our support member. They will assist you in resolving the POP3 server communication error.