As Ptd.net (PenTeleData) provides IMAP access to your Ptd.net account, you can configure it from the desktop email client. Here, we'll be discussing the configuration of the Ptd.net mail settings for Outlook account.
At first, open your Outlook account by clicking the Microsoft Outlook icon from your Windows menu.
- Step 1 :
Click the File tab. Later, choose the plus symbol next to Add account.
- Step 2:
Select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button at the bottom of the window and then click Next.
- Step 3:
You can now choose your service. Select the POP or IMAP radio button and then click Next.
The POP or IMAP account settings window opens now. Once you see the window, you can start entering the details as given below.
Entering the Ptd.net email server settings for your Outlook account:
There are three sections available in the POP or IMAP account settings window. You need to fill in the correct information required for configuring Ptd.net mail settings for Outlook.
- Step 1 : Initially, you need to type your user name and email address under the User Information section.
- Step 2 : Under the Server Information section, select the account type as IMAP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 3 : Enter promail.ptd.net as the Incoming mail server (IMAP) and Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Step 4 : Under the Logon Information, you can type the user name and password in the respective fields. As your username and password are case-sensitive, ensure that you type a unique and strong one.
- Step 5 : After filling in the details mentioned above, you can click the More Settings tab at the bottom-right corner of the window.
Continue reading to know more about ptd.net mail settings for outlook.
The Internet E-mail Settings window opens now.
- Step 1 : In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the Outgoing server tab.
- Step 2 : Now, select the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Step 3 : Now, select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Step 4 : After selecting it, click the Advanced tab.
- Step 5 : You can enter the port numbers in the Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP) fields in the Advanced tab.
- Step 6 : Enter 143 as the incoming server port number and 587 as the outgoing server (SMTP) port number.
- Step 7 : When finished, click OK.
- Step 8 : Select the Test Account Settings tab in the Add account window (POP and IMAP Account Settings). By clicking this tab, your Microsoft Outlook will test the account settings. If you've selected the Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked checkbox, click Next.
- Step 9 : Microsoft Outlook starts to test the details that you've entered. You'll see an updated message stating that your task is completed. You can now click the Close button.
- Step 10 : Finally, click Finish.
Now, you've seen how to configure your Ptd.net mail settings for Outlook. For more assistance, reach us and get instant solutions.