WD TV was one of the best releases by Western Digital. It is a media player device that allows you to play almost any media file like MP4. XVID, AVI, MOV. With the best customizable user interface, the WD TV media player will enable you to stream the best online content available like your favorite TV shows, movies, and music. One useful feature of having the WD device is that you can have other WD devices connected to the same internet network as the WD device.
As it is well known that all the electronic devices are bound to have some issues now or later, WD My TV is no different. We will now see some troubleshooting steps for some of the most commonly occurring issues.
If The Screen Is Blank And The Led Is Off
- Step 1:Make sure you have a power supply to your home and ensure that the TV is powered ON.
- Step 2:Make sure the power adapter has a proper power supply, and they are secured firmly.
- Step 3:Make sure the cables are properly attached between the WD device and the TV.
If The Led Is Blinking Rapidly
- Step 1:The rapid blinking indicates that the system failure occurred.
- Step 2:Please turn off the device and wait for at least 10 minutes before turning it back on.
If The Tv Is Blank And The Led Is Powered On
- Step 1:Ensure that your TV is connected to the power source and is turned on.
- Step 2:Make sure the cables are attached properly between the TV and the media player.
- Step 3:If all are fine, you can simply reset by holding your WD MY TV the Reset button for not more than 10 seconds.
Screen Is Blinking
- Step 1:Make sure the cables are properly attached to the TV.
- Step 2:Make sure if the LED light is lit on the media player.
- Step 3:If the above two options are fine, you can try reconfiguring the settings on your TV.
- Step 4:Navigate to the Home option on your TV with the help of the navigation buttons on your remote.
- Step 5:Select the Settings option and make sure that you have selected the HDMI option for the video output.
- Step 6:Make changes to the video resolution and select Auto.
- Step 7:If the images are distorted, navigate to the Home option and select the Settings.
- Step 8:Select the Photo screen and select the option Keep as Original or Fit to Screen.
File Does Not Play
Make sure to check the User manual to see what are the video formats the WD device supports.
- Step 1:Make sure you have not muted the TV volume.
- Step 2:If you are playing a video with multiple audio options, make sure you have enabled the proper audio output.
- Step 3:Make sure the audio cables are properly attached to the player (if you are using one).
- Step 1:Be gentle while pressing the buttons on the remote.
- Step 2:Check if the batteries are properly fit into the remote. Replace the batteries if they are drained out.
- Step 3:Make sure there are no obstacles between the remote sensor and the TV sensor.