It is not that easy to remember every password for every account. To minimize the burden of remembering passwords, Yahoo has come up with a revolutionary idea, and it is nothing but Yahoo’s Account Key. The Yahoo Account key lets you access your Yahoo account without entering your password. But, what can be done if your Yahoo account key is not working? It will be obviously frustrating. But, don’t worry; this guide shows you the best solutions to fix the Yahoo Account key not working issue.
ARE YOU UNABLE TO RECEIVE THE YAHOO ACCOUNT KEY?
- Step 1:If you have turned off Yahoo notifications, you will not receive the Account Key from Yahoo. To fix this problem, you should enable notifications in the Yahoo mail app and then check if the Yahoo Account key is working.
- Step 2:You can also click the Resend option on the Yahoo sign-in page to generate a new account key.
- Step 3:If you are still not receiving the Account Key, visit the sign-in page of Yahoo. Enter your credentials and click Next.
- Step 4:Click either Use text or email to sign in or Try another way to sign in. Enter the missing digits of your mobile number and click Submit.
- Step 5:Then, click “Yes, text me a verification code.” When you receive the code, input it into the respective field and click Continue. If you don’t have your phone, you can use your email address.
Continue reading the next method to fix Yahoo account key not working problem.
TURN OFF ACCOUNT KEY
- Step 1:If the Yahoo Account key is not working, the first thing you can do to access your Yahoo account is, disabling the Account Key option and switching back to password.
- Step 2:To turn off Account Key from your browser, visit the Account Security page of Yahoo.
- Step 3:Click Manage> Disable Account Key. Then, slide the switch to OFF.
- Step 4:To turn off Account Key from your Yahoo mobile app, open the app, tap Menu, and tap the Account Key icon.
- Step 5:Tap Manage Account Key> Disable Account Key. Toggle the slider to the right to turn it off.
ENABLE TWO-STEP VERIFICATION
- Step 1:Once you have disabled the Yahoo Account key, you can go ahead to enable Two-step verification. To do so, visit the Account Security page and turn on Two-step verification.
- Step 2:Here, you need to enter your mobile number and click either Send SMS or Call me.
- Step 3:Once you get the verification code via SMS/Call, enter it into the respective field and click Verify.
These are the best solutions to handle the Yahoo account key not working problem. For clarifications, you can reach our technical experts.