Email attachments enable you to add additional information that you cannot express in your email’s body. If Yahoo mail attachments are not working, you cannot figure out the exact reason. However, some troubleshooting solutions can help you handle this problem in a better way. This article gives you some effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the “Yahoo mail attachments not working” problem.
CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
- Step 1:You require a stable Internet connection to upload and download attachments. In case your Internet is not stable, take the necessary steps to resolve the problem.
- Step 2:Resetting your router can also help you fix your Internet issues.
- Step 3:Once your Internet becomes stable, check if your problem is resolved.
- Step 4:If you still face issues with your attachments, proceed with the following troubleshooting solutions.
CHECK YOUR ATTACHMENT
- Step 1:No mail accepts attachments with a file name that consists of special characters like hashtags, dollar signs, or slashes. If your attachment’s file name consists of any such special character, remove it and check if your problem is solved.
- Step 2:Check if you have uploaded the attachment above 25 MB. If so, compress it and then see if your problem is fixed.
- Step 1:You are more likely to face problems with your Yahoo attachment when there is an issue with your browser.
- Step 2:If you are accessing Yahoo from an incompatible browser, try any browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Edge.
- Step 4:If your browser is outdated, update it to the recent version and then see if Yahoo mail attachments are working.
- Step 5:In some cases, browser extensions and permissions can stop Yahoo from adding attachments.
DISABLE THE PROXY SERVER
A proxy server is like an entrance between you and the Internet. Sometimes, this can impact the functionality of other applications. Therefore, follow the upcoming instructions and disable your proxy server.
- Step 1:Hit on the Windows Start button and type “Internet Options” in the search area.
- Step 2:From the search results, click Internet Options.
- Step 3:Click Connections> LAN settings.
- Step 4:Deselect Use a proxy server for your LAN and click OK.
- Step 5:Now, ensure that Yahoo mail attachments are working.
A firewall is a security component that filters your computer’s incoming and outgoing network traffic at the entry point. However, this can also block you from adding attachments to your Yahoo mail. Therefore, temporarily disable your computer’s firewall and check if the attachments are working.
- Step 1:Open the Run box (Windows + R).
- Step 2:Type firewall.cpl and press Enter.
- Step 3:In the Windows Firewall section, turn off Windows Firewall.
- Step 4:Next, go to the Customize Settings tab and select the Turn off Windows Firewall option.
- Step 5:Now, check if Yahoo mail attachments are working.
These are some of the best troubleshooting solutions to fix the Yahoo mail attachments not working problem. If you need assistance in resolving this problem, you can reach our technical support without any hesitation.