Yahoo! Mail is one of the widely used email service platforms around the world. Like other platforms, it allows you to send and receive emails over the internet. The best aspect is that you can access this service from your computer or hand-held device that is connected to the internet.
The Yahoo! Mail also enables you to manage your contacts and calendars, schedule meetings, and do so much more. However, users encounter some problems when using it.
This page covers the causes and solutions to fix the “Yahoo Mail not updating on Android” issue.
CAUSES OF YAHOO MAIL UPDATE PROBLEM ON ANDROID
Anyone of these following causes might be lead to Yahoo! Mail is not updating on your Android phone.
- Step 1:Unstable or poor internet connection
- Step 2:Presence of unwanted or more app cache, cookie data
- Step 3:Device-related issues
- Step 5:Incorrect server settings
QUICK SOLUTIONS FOR YAHOO MAIL IS NOT UPDATING ON ANDROID
Perform the simple troubleshooting solutions one by one given below. After executing one solution, check if the update issue is fixed. If Yahoo! Mail is not updating on your Android phone again, try the next troubleshooting method.
Using A Stable Internet Connection
- Step 1:Firstly, check whether the internet connection on your Android phone is stable.
- Step 2:If not, connect your phone to a stable internet connection to fix this update issue.
Clear The App Data
- Step 1:Check and clear the Yahoo! Mail app data on your phone.
- Step 2:To do so, open the Settings app.
- Step 3:Tap Apps > Installed Apps.
- Step 4:Choose the Yahoo! Mail app.
- Step 5:Tap Storage > Clear Storage/Clear App Data.
- Step 6:Clear the app data by following the on-screen instructions.
Continue reading the below simple techniques to fix Yahoo mail not updating on android.
Update The App & OS
- Step 1:Check and update your phone’s OS and the Yahoo! Mail app. To do the same, carry out the following instructions.
- Step 2:Open the Google Play Store.
- Step 3:Search and select the Yahoo! Mail app.
- Step 4:Tap Update.
- Step 5:Similarly, update your Android OS. To do so, open Settings. Tap About Phone > Check for Updates.
Re-install The App
- Step 1:Open the Play Store.
- Step 2:Tap on your profile icon.
- Step 3:Select Manage apps & device > Manage.
- Step 4:Choose Yahoo and tap Uninstall.
- Step 5:Now, re-install the Yahoo! Mail app from the app Play Store.
Contact us if Yahoo Mail is not updating on Android, even after performing the above troubleshooting methods.